Lightroom in a Day Software Workshop
DATE: October 23, 2016
TIME: 9:00am – 5:00pm
LOCATION: Hampton Convention Center, 1610 Coliseum Drive, Hampton, Virginia 23666
WORKSHOP SIZE: maximum 20
Learn how to use Lightroom to be in control of your digital workflow. This class is designed to make Lightroom easy to understand and put you in control of all it has to offer. It will cover your workflow from beginning to end: from importing and organizing to adjusting, sharing and exporting your images. Find out how to choose which adjustments to make, and in what order. We will spend our time in the Library and Develop modules.
All attendees will receive an extensive pdf handout with 130 pages of Lightroom tips, tricks and screen shots. It'll be your post-class companion when you're back at home working in Lightroom.
- Collections and Smart Collections
- Recovering highlight and shadow detail
- Adjusting color: white balance, sautration, vibrance, targeted color changes
- Selective adjustments using the Adjustment Brush
- Graduated and Radial Filters
- Retouching tools
- Tone curve
- Removing chromatic aberration
- Noise reduction
- Exporting images in other file formats
- Organizational tools: flags, stars and labels
- Filtering images
Participants will need to bring a laptop (or even a desktop) with Lightroom installed so you can practice while the techniques are being demonstrated. Versions 4, 5, 6 or CC are acceptable for this class. Note that LR 4 and 5 will have a few less editing tools than 6 and CC.