Countryside Wineries Photography Workshop
DATE: October 1, 2016
TIME: 2:30 - 6:00pm
LOCATION: Purcellville, Virginia
WORKSHOP SIZE: maximum 10
ACTIVITY LEVEL: Light. Walking on flat grassy areas.
REGISTRATION: register with the Capital Photography Center
Early October is prime time for grape harvesting. The grapevines have turned beautiful colors and are at their most photogenic.
Join us for an afternoon of exploring vineyards in the Purcellville area in Virginia. Enjoy the picturesque location of these vineyards and explore photo opportunities from landscapes big and small, to delicate details of the grapes and their leaves.
You'll have opportunities to photograph scenic views of vineyards in the foothills of the Shenandoah mountains. Wander among the rows of vines and capture images packed with texture and vibrant color. We'll also look for interesting details inside the wineries including wine bottles, glasses, barrels, tanks and other tools of the wine making process.
- Working with the light to capture dramatic landscape photos
- Isolating details to show off textures and patterns
- Using depth of field for creative effect
- Composition techniques for maximum impact
- How to use perspective to make dynamic photographs
- DSLR or mirrorless camera
- Lens(es) covering the range 18-200mm
- Optional: diffuser and reflectors