Bluebells + Spring Wildflowers Workshop
DATE: April 5, 2014
TIME: 7:30 – 10:30am
LOCATION: Bull Run Park
7700 Bull Run Dr
Centreville, Virginia 20121
WORKSHOP SIZE: minimum 4, maximum 10
ACTIVITY LEVEL: Light. Short walk along forest path, level terrain.
Bluebells are among the early spring wildflowers you'll find blooming among the tree trunks at Bull Run Park. They create a beautiful scene as they carpet the forest floor...and you might even spot the occasional pink bluebell. You'll also find other early spring blossoms such as spring beauties, blue violets, trout lilies and dutchman's breeches. All these flowers are a delight for macro photography. We'll look for way to photograph these delicate flowers in creative and even abstract compositions.
During the workshop session Corey will share photo tips, demonstrate shooting techniques and offer ideas for how to capture your best shots. He can help you with camera settings, as well as your creative vision. You'll also have the opportunity to receive immediate feedback on your technique and compositions.
Workshops give you the opportunity to put your skills into practice, as well as learn photo techniques for creating images with impact. A small group size allows everyone to receive individual attention.
All instruction for this workshop takes place in the field. There will not be an indoor lecture/presentation.
- Camera: Digital camera with interchangeable lenses (DSLR or mirrorless)
- Lenses: Telephoto and macro lenses will be useful for flower and plant close-ups. Wide angle lenses can be used to capture forest scenes.
For close-ups, accessories such as extension tubes and screw-on close-up lenses will be useful if you don't own a macro lens.
- Diffuser and reflectors for controlling the light for close-up photos. There will be some available to borrow.
- Filters: Polarizer
- More than 14 days before the event: Full refund minus $5 cancellation fee. If payment is credited toward to another event there is no cancellation fee.
- 7-14 days before the event: Full payment is credited toward to another event.
- Less than seven days before the event: No refund or credit.
- If no cancellation notice is given there is no refund or credit.
- If the event is cancelled (due to low enrollment, weather, or other unforeseen circumstances), you can choose to receive a full refund or credit. The event may be rescheduled, however there is no obligation to attend.