Beautiful Brookside Gardens Photography Workshop
DATE: April 17, 2016
TIME: 7:00 – 10:30am
LOCATION: Brookside Gardens
1800 Glenallan Avenue
Wheaton, Maryland 20902
WORKSHOP SIZE: maximum 12
ACTIVITY LEVEL: Light. Easy walking on paved areas, grassy fields and wooded paths.
REGISTRATION: register with the Capital Photography Center
Spring is a beautiful time of year to photograph at Brookside Gardens. The gardens are coming to life with flower beds packed with tulips in a multitude of colors, along with other spring flowers. Brookside offers a diverse collection of plants and landscaping. It's a location where you can always find fresh photographic material, from landscape details to flower close-ups.
The plant life offers opportunities for fine detail photographs as well as dreamy artistic compositions. We will explore ways to combine shape, texture and color into creative compositions.
Throughout the workshop Corey will work with participants individually to answer questions, clarify concepts and suggest ways to infuse creativity into their images. He will also share photo tips and demonstrate shooting techniques.
- Emphasizing details to show off textures and patterns
- Using depth of field for creative effect
- Modifying light with diffusers and reflectors
- Isolating elements of a landscape
- Composition techniques for maximum impact
- Using perspective to make dynamic photographs
- DSLR or mirrorless camera
- Lens(es) covering the range 18-200mm
- Close-up equipment: macro lens, extension tubes or screw-on close-up lenses can be useful, but a telephoto lens is adequate if you don't have this equipment.
- Optional: diffuser and reflectors