Great Falls Fall Foliage Photography Workshop
DATE: October 25, 2014
TIME: 6:45 – 10:15am
LOCATION: Great Falls National Park
9200 Old Dominion Dr
McLean, VA 22102
WORKSHOP SIZE: minimum 4, maximum 10
ACTIVITY LEVEL: Light to moderate. Walking on flat paths to accessible overlooks and through wooded areas. Optional rock scrambling to certain vantage points.
Capture the power of the Potomac River as it cascades through Mather Gorge. We'll begin by photographing the expansive Mather Gorge as the dawn light turns into sunrise. As the sun rises, we'll turn our attention to smaller scenes among the falls. We'll also explore the surrounding woods for intimate landscapes, macro opportunities and abstract imagery. In late October we'll likely have fall color to make our images even more vibrant - plus there's a good chance for fog. During the workshop you'll learn composition techniques for capturing dynamic, engaging landscape images. Also gain the skills to control the look of moving water and work effectively with high contrast scenes.
During the workshop session Corey will share photo tips, demonstrate shooting techniques and offer ideas for how to capture your best shots. He can help you with camera settings, as well as your creative vision. You'll also have the opportunity to receive immediate feedback on your technique and compositions.
Workshops give you the opportunity to put your skills into practice, as well as learn photo techniques for creating images with impact. A small group size allows everyone to receive individual attention.
All instruction for this workshop takes place in the field. There will not be an indoor lecture/presentation.
- Camera: Digital camera with interchangeable lenses (DSLR or mirrorless)
- Lenses: Wide angle lens for the capturing the expansive scenes of the gorge and the river. Telephoto lenses are also important for isolating sections of the falls and for intimate landscapes.
- Filters: Polarizer
- More than 14 days before the event: Full refund minus $5 cancellation fee. If payment is credited toward to another event there is no cancellation fee.
- 7-14 days before the event: Full payment is credited toward to another event.
- Less than seven days before the event: No refund or credit.
- If no cancellation notice is given there is no refund or credit.
- If the event is cancelled (due to low enrollment, weather, or other unforeseen circumstances), you can choose to receive a full refund or credit. The event may be rescheduled, however there is no obligation to attend.