Lucketts Antiques and Treasures Photography Workshop
DATE: June 18, 2016
TIME: 7:30 - 10:30am
LOCATION: 42350 Lucketts Rd
Leesburg, VA 20176
WORKSHOP SIZE: maximum 10
ACTIVITY LEVEL: Light. Walking on flat paved and gravel areas.
REGISTRATION: register with the Capital Photography Center
The antiques stores in Lucketts offer unique collections of décor, furniture, and knickknacks, making them a goldmine for photographers. We will be shooting at two stores that offer distinctly different types of photographic opportunities. From quirky and creative to unusual and hip, you will find that the antiques have their own personality. If you like textures, patterns, and subjects with character, you'll have a great time at Lucketts.
To give us more flexibility and freedom with our shooting, we will be photographing on the grounds around the buildings where we'll find a wide variety of treasures to photograph. The class begins before the stores open, minimizing crowds of customers.
- Emphasizing details for creative effect
- Eliminating distractions in a busy environment
- Isolating small scenes
- Discovering abstract patterns and textures
- Effective use of depth of field
- Using perspective to make dynamic photographs
- DSLR or mirrorless camera
- Lens(es) covering the range 18-200mm
- Circular Polarizing filtr
- Optional: tripod, and macro lens or close-up accessories