Exploring Macro Photography Workshop
DATE: June 24, 2018
TIME: 10:00am - 1:30pm
LOCATION: US Botanic Gardens, 100 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20001
WORKSHOP SIZE: Maximum 8
ACTIVITY LEVEL: Light. Walking on paved paths.
REGISTRATION: Register with Capital Photography Center
Small subjects or little pieces of a larger subject are fascinating to explore with your camera. This class will teach you about the technical and creative aspects of successful close-ups.
Find out how to work with different natural lighting conditions, as well what equipment is most useful. The skills you will learn can be applied to any subject of macro photography, at home or in the field.
- Equipment options
- Choosing the best aperture
- Working with background elements
- Maximizing depth of field
- Precise focusing techniques
- Modifying light with diffusers and reflectors
- DSLR or mirrorless camera
- Close-up gear (at least one of the following): macro lens, extension tubes, or screw-on close-up lens
- Lens(es) within the range 100-300mm
- Circular polarizer (if you have one)
- Optional: diffuser and reflector