Franciscan Monastery Photography Workshop
DATE: April 18, 2015
TIME: 7:00 – 10:30am
LOCATION: Franciscan Monastery
1400 Quincy St
Washington, DC 20017
WORKSHOP SIZE: minimum 4, maximum 8
ACTIVITY LEVEL: Light. Easy walking around the courtyard and inside the monastery.
The courtyard of the Franciscan Monastery offers an incredible display of tulips in the spring. Flower beds are packed with tulips in a multitude of colors, along with other spring flowers. They offer opportunities for fine detail close-ups as well as dreamy artistic compositions. We'll also spend time photographing inside the monastery. There you'll find beautiful architectural designs including arches, an intricately patterned domed ceiling, and stained glass windows.
During the workshop session Corey will share photo tips, demonstrate shooting techniques and offer ideas for how to capture your best shots. He can help you with camera settings, as well as your creative vision. You'll also have the opportunity to receive immediate feedback on your technique and compositions.
Workshops give you the opportunity to put your skills into practice, as well as learn photo techniques for creating images with impact. A small group size allows everyone to receive individual attention.
All instruction for this workshop takes place in the field. There will not be an indoor lecture/presentation.
- Camera: Digital camera with interchangeable lenses (DSLR or mirrorless)
- Lenses: Wide angle and telephoto lenses will be useful for photographing the architecture both inside and outside the monastery. Wide angle for scenes and dramatic perspectives, and telephoto for architectural details. You can put your telephoto and/or macro lenses to use when photographing the flowers.
For close-ups, accessories such as extension tubes and screw-on close-up lenses will be useful if you don't own a macro lens, but a telephoto lens is adequate even if you don't have these.
- Diffuser and reflectors for controlling the light for close-up photos. There will be some available to borrow.
- Filters: Polarizer
- More than 14 days before the event: Full refund minus $5 cancellation fee. If payment is credited toward to another event there is no cancellation fee.
- 7-14 days before the event: Full payment is credited toward to another event.
- Less than seven days before the event: No refund or credit.
- If no cancellation notice is given there is no refund or credit.
- If the event is cancelled (due to low enrollment, weather, or other unforeseen circumstances), you can choose to receive a full refund or credit. The event may be rescheduled, however there is no obligation to attend.