Historic Waterford Village Photography Workshop
DATE: May 12, 2018
TIME: 3:00 – 7:00pm
LOCATION: Waterford, Virginia
COST: $99 (includes donation to the Historic Waterford Foundation)
WORKSHOP SIZE: Maximum 10
ACTIVITY LEVEL: Light. Walking on sidewalks and in gardens.
REGISTRATION: Register with Capital Photography Center
Spend the afternoon in the historic village of Waterford, Virginia, a National Historic Landmark. This quaint town in Loudoun County is located along Catoctin Creek and offers many photo opportunities, from historic homes and buildings, to beautifully landscaped gardens and even an old church and a mill.
Through special access, we'll also have the unique opportunity to step back in time and photograph in the Second Street School, a one-room school house complete with late 1800's period props.
We'll also be able to photograph in a number of private gardens in Waterford and you'll have the opportunity to capture intimate garden scenes, decorative features and close-ups of flowers.
The class begins at an individual's home with a presentation illustrating the photo opportunities throughout Waterford as well as a discussion of techniques for capturing your best shots.
Throughout the afternoon Corey can help you with your creative vision as well as answer technical questions and will give you immediate feedback on your technique and compositions with critiques in the field. A small group size allows everyone to receive individual attention.
- How to use perspective to make dynamic photographs
- Emphasizing architectural details to show off textures and patterns
- Isolating small garden scenes
- Using depth of field for creative effect
- Techniques for compelling flower photographs
- Composition techniques for maximum impact
- DSLR or mirrorless camera
- Lens(es) covering the range 18-200mm
- Optional: macro lens or close-up accessories for flower and plant close-ups, diffuser and reflectors